The Clinical Councils bring together key stakeholders with expertise in a clinical practice environment to work in partnership and contribute to ensuring that Country SA PHN’s (CSAPHN) decisions, investments and innovations are clinically safe, patient centred, cost effective, locally
CSAPHN has established the following topic specific Clinical Councils to provide key links between primary health care providers and the CSAPHN Board:
- CSAPHN Clinical Council on General Health
- CSAPHN Clinical Council on Mental Health & Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD)
Our Clinical Councils will work closely with CSAPHN’s Local Health Clusters (Community Advisory Committees) to support CSAPHN to achieve our vision and objectives.
As constructs of the CSAPHN, the Clinical Councils are able to encompass a range of functions that support CSAPHN in maintaining appropriate Clinical Governance of commissioned activities undertaken by CSAPHN and provide key and timely advise on issues arising in local communities.
The CSAPHN Clinical Governance Framework defines the scope and responsibilities of the Clinical Councils as it relates to the key aspects of work to be undertaken in the following streams:
- provide strategic level guidance and advice to CSAPHN’s Board via the Chief Executive Officer for translation into operational activities.
- provide clinical advice and guidance on clinical safety and risk management through commissioning processes.
The CSAPHN’s Board has established the Clinical Councils, and their continued status is subject to CSAPHN receiving ongoing funding or other requirements of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Mental Health & AOD Clinical Advisory Committee Members
- Dr Andy Killcross, GP Post Augusta
- Jo Clark, CEO West Coast Youth & Community Services (WCYCS) Port Lincoln
- Lee Martinez, Lecturer Mental Health Department of Rural Health UniSA Whyalla
- Kym Thomas,
General Health Clinical Advisory Committee Members
- Lana-Joy Durik, Psychologist Naracoorte
- Sharon Bilney, Registered Nurse Port Lincoln
- Dr Simon Lockwood, GP Roxby Downs
- Andrea Sparrow, Exercise Physiologist Mount Barker
- Dr Pradeep Pattabhiramayya Vijayanand, GP Mount Gambier