As part of Country SA PHN’s objective to improve access to primary mental health services for rural South Australians, five preferred providers have been selected to deliver general mental health services to communities across the country region.
The successful organisations, which were selected following a competitive tender process, include:
- Country and Outback Health – providing services to Yorke and Northern, Eyre and Flinders, Far west and Outback regions;
- Murray Mallee General Practice Network – providing services to Murray Mallee region;
- Northern Health Network – providing services to Barossa and Gawler regions;
- Riverland Division of General Practice – providing services to Riverland and Limestone coast regions; and
- Summit Health – providing services to the Adelaide Hills and Fleurieu, and Kangaroo Island regions.
Practices who have not as yet had any contact regarding available services and referral pathways from a provider in their region are encouraged to please contact us so we may facilitate communication and service access.
For any further information or support please contact the head office on 8565 8900.
Click here to see the Primary Mental Health Service Delivery regions.
Joint Country SA PHN/LHN regional service mapping across the stepped care model:
- Barossa Hills & Fleurieu
- Eyre & Flinders Far North
- Limestone Coast
- Riverland, Mallee & Coorong
- Yorke & Northern
Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Forums
Between early April and mid-June 2016 Country SA PHN conducted extensive community engagement into mental health, drug and alcohol needs to inform its longer term planning. The engagement was undertaken via a series of forums commissioned by Country SA PHN and run by a professional, independent facilitator. A total of 409 participants attended 33 engagement forums across rural South Australia to provide their views on the following three questions:
- What is your view on the level of mental health, drug and alcohol services in your area?
- What are your thoughts on what needs to improve and how for mental health, drug and alcohol issues in your area?
- What is your knowledge of what is available for mental health, drug and alcohol issues in your area?
The full report can be viewed here.